Thank you for your interest in joining RVAS. Simply click on the link below to print
out the membership form. Please fill it out and either mail it to address given or
bring it with you to an RVAS monthly meeting which is held on the third Monday of
Yearly membership to the Society is as follows.
Individual: $20.00 Student: $5.00 Family:
Senior(65+) Individual: $18.00 Senior(65+) Family: $22.00
The membership form is in PDF format and will require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you
do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader loaded on your system, please download a free copy
from Adobe's website.
RVAS Membership Form - PDF [764KB]
- Attend monthly meeting which is normally held on the 3rd Monday of the month at 7:30
- Observe with other members at regular observing sessions held on the weekend nights
in which there is no moon.
- Receive the club's monthly newsletter on-line which describes astronomical happenings
in Virginia's heartland.
- Automatically become a member of the Astronomical League and participate in their
many observing programs.
- Astronomy and Sky&Telescope magazine subscription discounts.
- Participate in National Astronomy Day which is usually held in April or May.
- Attend the RVAS annual picnic in September. If you are a family member, bring the
whole family along.
- Enter the RVAS astrophotography contest and win prizes.
- Join other RVAS members in occasional field trips to astronomy related sites.
- Attend meetings of the Virginia Association of Astronomical Societies at substantially
- Meet a great bunch of people!